Team Building-Indoor Activities
It is the process of turning a group of individual employees into a cohesive team, a group of people organized to work together interdependently and cooperatively to meet the needs of their customers by accomplishing their purpose and goals. When individuals with similar interest, attitude, and taste come together to work for a common objective, a team is formed. Every individual contributes equally and performs his level best to meet the team targets and achieve the organization’s goal.
Team members strive hard to live up to the expectations of others and successfully accomplish the assigned task.A team cannot do well unless and until each and every member is focused and serious about his responsibilities. For every team member, his team should come first and everything else later.
Personal interests must take a backseat. Every individual must feel motivated to perform his level best.Never impose things on anyone; instead, the individuals must take the initiative on their own. They should come forward and accept the challenge.
A successful team building activity will surely mean a more comfortable, successful workplace environment for any company, large or small.
- Networking, socializing, and getting to know each other better: Socializing and making friends in the workplace is one of the best ways to increase productivity in the office. Not only does it increase morale in the office, it also allows for the office to work better solving everyday workplace issues.
- Teamwork and boosting team performance: Team bonding activities also improve workplace projects that involve teamwork. After completing team building activities together, employees better understand each other’s strengths, weaknesses, and interests. This understanding helps them work even better together on future progress vital to a company.
- Competition and bragging rights: Competition has been shown to increase production. So, by channeling that increased production into a fun, inclusive team building activity, employees can bond in a way impossible by other means.
- Celebration, team spirit, fun, and motivation: After any sports team wins a major championship, they celebrate and have fun. This motivates them to want to win even more. This extreme example shows that the celebration, cheering, and fun that come with every Team Bonding event can motivate employees to bring their job to the next level.
- Collaboration and the fostering of innovation and creativity: People tend to have a larger imagination when they are around people they are comfortable with. So, successful team building events not only bring people closer together but they also lead to more successful and creative workplace ideas. Also, everyday workplace collaboration is key to a successful business. For example, a coach always has assistants to help out when needed.
- Communication and working better together: To no surprise, communication and working better together is the top reason why people choose team building. Everybody wants a friendly work environment, where people are comfortable and happy to talk to and work with anyone.
Indoor Team Building- Involves the following:
- Personality-Based Team Building: This also comes in different forms. But the most common of which is the use of a personality questionnaire which will not only teach about the personality of each individual but also about the personality of other members of the team. This information can then be used for discussing different action steps and working relationships within the company.
- Skills-Based Team Building Skills: This engages team members in a workshop developing certain skills, such as the positive reception to criticism, dealing with conflict, effective team meetings and more. With the development of these skills during the activities and workshops, it is possible to create a more effective team if the skills acquired are applied in the workplace.