Mount Longonot is an extinct volcano that rises from the floor of the Great Rift Valley. Its name is derived from the Maasai word ‘Oloonong’ot’ meaning “mountains of many spurs” or “steep ridges”. The crater of the mountain provides a unique spectacular view from the top due to the thick forest lying within it. The rim also provides great scenic view across the Rift Valley all the way to L. Naivasha. The park has a wide array of wildlife attractions including Buffalos, Elands, Zebras, Grants Gazelle, Leopard and Giraffe that one cannot fail to spot during the hike up the mountain.
DATE: 3RD OCTOBER 2020
Terrain: Moderate To High
Cost: Kshs1, 650per Person.
The Main Features of the HIKE include:
- Road trip by a Tour Van from Nairobi to Longonot and Back
- Stopover at the Rift Valley view point to have a photo session and panoramic view of the Rift Valley.
- Hiking to an attitude of up to 2,776 meters above sea level
- Trekking on a moderate 3.5km stretch before starting the hike around the crater
- Hiking with a great team where you can make friends and business networks
- A good way of keeping fit as you hike the 14km adventurous trail.
• Kenyans – Kshs. 1,650
• Residents -Kshs. 3,000
• Foreigners – US$ 55 dollars, (Ks. 5,500)
The Cost Package caters for:
• Transport from Nairobi and back in a spacious tour van.
• Entry fee to the park
• Professional Tour Guides
• Mineral water
What to Carry:
• Extra Drinking Water/Snacks
• Sun glasses/Sunscreen/Hat
• Warm clothes/Rain coat (Incase the Weather Changes)
• Camera/Hiking Spirit
• Personal insurance/Tips/Any other item not included above
Bookings & Payments:
To book a seat, PAY KSHS. 1,000 to RESERVE A SLOT. The Remaining Kshs.650 by 3RD OCTOBER 2020 (Day of Travel).
LIPA Na M-PESA Pay Bill Option
Business No: (400222), Account No: (439461#LONGONOT),
Enter Amount, Your PIN No and Confirm Your Payment
Send confirmation Message to 0745102337
Booking deadline is 29TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
For more details: Call/Text/SMS: 0745102337
MEETING POINT: Hilton Hotel Bata Shop Direct Opposite Kencom Bus Stage @6:00 am.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel more than 48 hours before your scheduled trip departure, a 30% of the fee will be charged. If you cancel within 48 hours of your schedule trip departure, no refund fees will be provided. No shows are responsible for 100% of trip fees.