Makongo Forest is also known as Makongo Forest/Makongo Forest Reserve. It is located at an elevation of 1,076 meters above sea level.It is in the Makongo Valley. The Valley is 35 Kms South of Machakos Town. Most striking feature is the 30 kms Long Winding Drive, Steep and Plied with Twists & Turns along the saddle of the hills, which offers Spectacular Scenes of Undulating Hills covered by Forests and Terraces. Makongo Valley’s Panoramic Viewing Point (GetAway Resort) at the foot of the hill has been well constructed with a visionary touristic focus. You will also appreciate the beauty of this marvelous countryside. The forest is a home of wildlife animals & birds.
DATE : 5TH DECEMBER 2020
Terrain : Moderate to High
Cost : Kshs 2,980 per Person ONLY.
THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE HIKE INCLUDE:
- Road Trip by Comfortable Tour Van From Nairobi to Makongo and Back
- Stopover at Mlolongo Town to do some Snack Shoppings
- Hiking to an attitude of up to 1,076 meters Above Sea Level
- Trekking on a Moderate 6km stretch inside the forest
- Hiking with a great team where you can make friends and business networks
- A good way of keeping fit as you hike the 6km adventurous trail inside the forest.
- Kenyans –Kshs. 2,980
- Residents -Kshs.4,800
- Foreigners -US$ 55 dollars, (Kshs.5,500)
THE COST PACKAGE CATERS FOR:
- Transport from Nairobi and back in a spacious tour van.
- Delicious Kuku Kienyeji/Ugali at Makongo View Point Resort
- Swimming at Maanzoni Lodge Swimming Pool.
- Mineral Water
- Networking/Team Bonding
WHAT TO CARRY:
- Extra Drinking Water/Snacks
- Sun glasses/Sunscreen/Hat/Camera
- Swimming Costumes
- Hiking/Adventure Spirit
- Personal Insurance/Medication.
- Personal Identification Documents/Business Cards
- Any other item not included above
BOOKINGS & PAYMENTS:
To book a seat, PAY KSHS. 2,000 to RESERVE A SLOT. The Remaining Kshs.980 by 5TH
DECEMBER 2020 (Day of Travel).
LIPA Na M-PESA Pay Bill Option
- Business No: (400222), Account No: (439461#MAKONGO),
- Enter Amount, Your PIN No and Confirm Your Payment
- Send confirmation Message to 0745102337
- Booking deadline is WEDNESDAY 2ND DECEMBER 2020.
For more details: Call/Text/SMS: 0745102337
MEETING POINT: Hilton Hotel Bata Shop Direct Opposite Kencom Bus Stage @6:00 am.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel more than 48 hours before your scheduled trip departure, a 30% of the fee will be charged. If you cancel within 48 hours of your schedule trip departure, no refund fees will be provided. No shows are responsible for 100% of trip fees.